As an entrepreneur you’ll be faced with triumphs and disasters. The trick is to treat these imposters the same.
Equanimity means reacting to good and bad news the same way.
Here are some tips for cultivating equanimity in yourself:
- See the world as it is, rather as it you want it to be.
- Look for the positive in every negative.
- Know that most things are random.
- Accept that things always change.
- Don’t take things personally.
- Practice breathing deeply.
- Meditate or pray.
You’ll have some victories, go ahead and celebrate them. Just don’t let it go to your head.
When you have some defeats, don’t panic. Don’t whine.
Be cool. Keep moving.
Control what you can, and accept what you can’t.
Keep calm, carry on.