Nassim Taleb is author of books such as Anti-Fragile, Fooled by Randomness and Black Swan.
He is a quasi-philosopher with general life advice that can be applied by entrepreneurs to build successful businesses.
- Stick to simple rules (don’t lie to customers, don’t break the law).
- Build in multiple layers, no single point of failure (ie: backup staff for key employees).
- Don’t suppress randomness (allow for a bit of chaos and dissent).
- Have your soul in the game.
- Take lots of small risks.
- Don’t take risks that can wipe you out.
- Don’t get lost in the details.
- Keep your options open.
- Avoid the things that don’t work rather than try to find out what does work.
- Stick to habits and rules that have been around a long time.