Vince Lombardi, the legendary coach of the Green Bay Packers had a guiding motto, “If you want to win you must be willing to pay the price.”
Same applies to business. If you want to be a successful entrepreneur, ie: make a lot of money, you must be willing to pay the price.
The price of being an entrepreneur is:
- Making enemies.
- Public humiliation.
- Never taking holiday.
- Not sleeping properly.
- Not being able to hide.
- Never passing the buck.
- Being the lead salesman.
- Wake up early, every day.
- Work hard, 7 days a week.
- Lose your personal savings.
- Time away from your family.
- Being responsible for payroll.
- Always telling the truth to yourself.
- Understand accounting and cashflow.
- Never stop thinking about your business.
- Not being able to share your stress with colleagues.
- Not being able to keep up with the Jones’s (in the short term).
Its easy to have a day-job, go to work at 8am, go home at 5pm, knowing that your pay-cheque is guaranteed.
Its also easy to moan about your boss or your unrewarding work or your unexciting life or the fact that your pension won’t be enough for you to live out your days on a tropical island.
Its not easy to pay the price of the alternative. Being your own boss, chasing your own dreams, living an exciting life, achieving financial independence.
Becoming an entrepreneur.
Are you willing to pay the price?
Also published on Medium.